Signitas' featured ring is the signet. Signet rings are subtle & sophisticated and have a fascinating history of heraldry that dates back thousands of years. It's the original tradition. There is simply no better way to commemorate your college experience or team participation than with a beautiful ring.
Engrave your name or initials, your graduation year, degree or other designation inside your ring. Men's rings fit up to and including 15 characters and women's rings fit up to and including 9 characters (spaces between words are counted as characters).
Signitas offers a complete selection of engraving options for the outside side panels of your ring. On each side, you may engrave up to four characters and also select from a wide array of activities and symbols. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 643-3776 if you would like to request different artwork.
Signitas class rings are available with either a natural finish of polished metal or with a black "antique" finish designed to enhance the details of the insignia.
One of the earth's most precious metals, gold has been treasured throughout the ages. Ancient civilizations associated gold with the sun and believed it to possess mystical and healing powers. Gold's enduring beauty and permanence make it the most popular choice for class rings and college jewelry. Extremely durable, gold will not corrode and is remarkably resistant to tarnishing.
The unit of measurement of gold content is the "karat", a term derived from the carob seed which was used as a weight to balance scales in the Far East. Gold content is measured on a 24-unit scale, with 24 karat gold equivalent to 100% pure gold. As pure gold is extremely malleable, it is alloyed with other metals to increase its strength. Typically, copper, silver and zinc are added to strengthen yellow gold; while copper, nickel and zinc are used to strengthen white gold. The higher the karat gold, the heavier the ring and the richer the color. There is an approximate price differential of 20% between each of the three karats (10K, 14K and 18K) of gold that we offer.
Call us today at (800) 643-3776 to receive a free finger sizer in the mail, or use our DIY finger sizing method below.
Items you will need:
- Paper or string
- Make sure that your hands are warm (heat makes fingers swell). We suggest measuring your finger at the end of the day, as hands tend to be colder in the morning.
- Cut a piece of string or a very slender strip of paper, approximately six inches long.
- Choose what finger you will wear your ring on. Most people select the right ring finger (opposite from the wedding ring finger) because it is protected by the other fingers and is less likely to scratch.
- Wrap the string or paper strip around the base of your chosen finger. Make sure it is not too tight to allow for the size of your knuckle. It should feel snug.
- At the point where the end overlaps, mark the string or paper strip with a pen.
- Lay the string or paper strip flat against a ruler and measure the distance from the closest end to the marking.
- Record your measurement and consult the chart below to find your nearest finger size.
- Double check your finger size by retrying the sizing method on a different day.
Size Conversion Chart:
Note: If you are ordering a class ring and the size does not fit, we can alter it for you free of charge.
- The safest way to clean your jewelry is in warm, soapy water with a soft brush.
- To prevent scratches, store each piece of jewelry in a separate pouch or box.
- Protect your jewelry from dust, cosmetics and perfume as they create a dull film on the surface of the metal.
- Avoid wearing your gold jewelry in swimming pools, as repeated exposure to chlorine can weaken the metal.
- Always remove your jewelry before playing sports.